Sunday 7 August 2016

An open letter to Adong Judith, Director of Ga-AD!


Dear Adong, 

How did you weave the script of my 40th birthday wish?  How did you know that after a life of 39 years of silence,  I was choking with unspoken truths?

Adong Judith (right) and I  Courtesy photo

  You shared my freedom when you took my poetry and created the most powerful,  abundant and meaningful production I've ever been a part of.

Rehema Nanfuka, courtesy photo
Do you know that people are calling us co-writers?  Imagine!  Me a co-writer of Ga-AD. They make it seem like I contributed to half the ideas. Adong,  the cast you selected for this script have interpreted this message in such a magnificent way that almost seems surreal. How did you know that Rehema Nanfuka and Patrick Ssenjovu were the perfect fit? 
Patrick Sseenjovu  Courtesy photo

And the entire cast dominated the stage and lifted us to unimaginable heights.
I don't know what to say about Andrew Ssebaggala,  Grace Ibanda,  Michael Wawuyo and the geniuses that comprise the technical crew and leadership?
The cast 

Dear Adong, what I saw on stage in the production of Ga-AD,  is a testimony that words have the capacity to grow bigger than our dreams.
It's hard to believe that tonight 7th August is the final production at 7:00pm and that it's only
 20, 000/-?
I'll see you soon for that dinner that I promised.

And we're honoured to know you'll be part of our #Babishai2016 Poetry Festival from 24th to 26th August at Maria's Place in Ntinda near Victory City Church.

 
Apwoyo.
Wantala naabi

Nambozo


No comments:

Post a Comment