Monday 7 August 2023

You Don’t Need Anyone’s Permission to Be Successful, Beautiful or Fulfilled

You don’t need anyone’s permission to be successful, beautiful or fulfilled. Just be it. You were born to become those things. The Creator designed it that way.






Without realizing it, we are culturally, socially and emotionally inclined towards waiting for permission to become successful, which is why when we see other people thriving in business, or having a bountiful sex life with their spouses, we think something is wrong, because we were told, from childhood, that success and greatness are evil and that we should become content with little to nothing.


And then the gatekeepers of our greatness weaponize the bible verses about contentment until, far into our adulthood, deeply miserable without understanding why, we have given all of our great ideas, resources and time, away to those gatekeepers. 


Look up. It doesn’t matter if you’re 65, 38 or 71, you can decide today that from now on, you’ll give yourself permission to become all those things that you were born to become, because you were.


Institutionally, there is only one C.E.O, one Head of Department, one District Champion and one Employee of the Year. We belong to many of these organisational structures, where we toil for these accolades and after we do not get it, toil for another year with the promise that maybe the next time and the next. The problem is that we are fighting for breadcrumbs. If I work extremely hard for only one coveted title, with the implication that if I do not get it, I am less than, is it really worth toiling after?


Doesn’t it mean that I am waiting for the organisation to give me permission to live in my greatness?


Just give yourself that title and move on. Do you want to become a C.E.O? Dress like one. Do you want to receive a certificate of Distinguished service? Then design one and give it to yourself. Invite your C.E.O friends, hold a garden party at your home and hire a professional photographer to capture the ceremony.




I have exceeded in many areas, which have not been recognized because I do not bend to conformity. Does it mean I have not achieved greatness? If anything, I have achieved far beyond my expectations, because my self-worth and my impact are immeasurable.



Time to get my garden party going.



Bless!


Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment