Sunday 8 September 2024

Poetry at Coffee At Last, in 2011

 Develop a skill. Harness that skill regularly. Maintain consistency with those who excel in that field and whose hearts are geared towards your growth.


Poetry.

In 2011, I performed my first poetry solo. This was at Coffee At Last, that serves a scrumptious meal with delectable coffee. Their very first location was in Makindye, about 20 metres from where they are located now.



I have been friends with the owners, Albert and Amanda, for a long while. They offered me space, infusing coffee and poetry, as they started their business.

With each time I focus on my poetry, so many doors open for me, especially with travel and networking with exceptional talent and globally renowned poets.

This year 2024 is one of those years.

What skill are you developing? Gossiping is not a skill, unless you're gossiping about yourself, which could then develop into theatrical monologue.

Social media trolling is not a skill, unless you're developing a script for NBC (U.S), DSTV and other networks or worthwhile media.

Develop a skill.

Harness it with those not only skilled at it but also committed to your growth. Pay them for that training.

Become unrecognizable with your skill.

Bless!

Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva.

I empower individuals on their journey of communication. I use poetry, speaking and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment