Dressed in black and and white, which are colours I often reserve for when I am called to speak at corporate events, I left home at 3pm for the installation ceremony of theUganda National Oil Company Toastmasters Club executive committee 2026-2027.
Thursdays are good days for me. I set them aside for swimming, hair, or meetings. The day was ideal. The organising committee left no prisoners with the lavish and classy decorations, well set up buffet and exraordinary cake.
Guest after guest arrived and I was left in awe as the session began. Given the background of this club, which survived its fledgling years and has thriven to an over 30 member club with impressive and notable leadership, this was an event not to be missed.
As keynote speaker, I focused on turning a milestone age and the journey and changes in the spiritual, emotional and physical space and how intentionality becomes a normal part of my process.
The chief guest was aspirational and moving, calculating the strides towards effective communication and the camaraderie and recognitions were a powerful conclusion to the ceremony.
I do not recall installations as memorable and it was quite the honour to be invited to deliver the keynote address.
Congratultions to the new and poutgoing exco and appreciation to the organising team for arranging a warm vibrant and intellectually stimulating evening.
Photo credit: UNOC and Penda









No comments:
Post a Comment