Tuesday 17 January 2023

Gen-Z are Zesty and Zen and I’m here for it.

 Of all the employees I have had, the people I have volunteered with and worked with and trained, Gen Z are by far the most loyal, committed and innovative. They are able to carry meaningful conversation and can hold their own. They are born between 1997 to 2012, approximately 11 to 26 years old.

My most recent employee Terry, who had to stop when her university schedule became hectic, was highly innovative, listened and shared her own ideas. We never argued and she never ever made demands on her time or pouted for recognition amongst clients. She knew her space and created it into a real gem.



After her, I hired another Gen-Z from the Phillipines. She was an English teacher and equally delightful. Thoroughly organized, innovated with her communication and her style was well received. I learned a lot from the time that they worked for Rich Diction and we’re still in touch.

I have volunteered with organisations and again, the Gen-Z are loyal, fun to be with and never make you second guess who you are. They’re respectful, open to dialogue and immensely inventive. They also gossip far less than Generation Z or Generation Y. Gen-Z are here to mean business and they are definitely the leaders that the world needs.

According to Forbes, ‘15 Ways Leaders Can More Effectively Manage Gen-Z Workers,’ Gen z are open to dialogue and to suggesting important and effective changes in work places. The article also states that we should expect innovation to climb at a global scale.


One of Terry's posters.


I would want my next accountant to belong to Gen-Z. I would want to coach a Gen-Z and let them take over my company.

Generation X whom I consider friends, have the same energy as Gen-Z, they are committed to being who they are, and do not have that nasty jealous spirit that was birthed in many of our peers and manifests in the most bizarre way.

Gen-Z, I know that once you take over as C.E.Os, Presidents and Kings and Queens, the world will experience necessary change.

 

Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva

Founder and Team Lead, Rich Diction Enterprises Ltd.

+256 751 703226

#leadership #goals #purpose

 


No comments:

Post a Comment