Sunday 10 December 2023

Children's Books for All of Us

I've discovered a treasure trove of children's books. My friend Lillian Nakiwala Nyakana wrote and published several children's books. Immediately she told me, I made orders for the Christmas holiday.

The house is lit with stories, excited!

The two stories, 'The Greedy King,' and 'We are All Superheroes,' are our first holiday delight.



There were times when I was unable to complete half a chapter of a novel because my mind was distracted by the pleasures and pressures of life. Of late, especially this year 2023, I have devoured long forgotten merchandise in the form of fiction, like one book a week. It is not because I am a fast reader but because my mind is free from unnecessary distractions.

Did I mention that I also like a good children's book?

Every self help book, motivational quote and the bible, speak about the power of our minds. Hey, it's true. My mind has been able to whip up impossible tasks, because of its clutter free state. 

And when I read, the children read too. I am searching for delicious books for teens and pre teens too. For now, this brings much contentment.

Thanks, Lillian. Always good to know that Ugandans are writing for children. 

For details on her books, contact +256772 589 432.

Did I mention that I also like to read a good children's book? 

Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment