Tuesday 30 April 2024

Louise Nakayenga In Concert-2 August, 2024

 E-G-B-D-F-Every Good Boy Deserves Fun.


These are the notes on the Treble Clef, which lie on the right side of the piano. This mnemonic is a clever way to make sure that beginners remember how to read the notes from the music page.





When I was 10 years old, I learned the piano with an Italian teacher. She told me to sit upright and then told me to imagine I was holding an apple in my hand, when I was playing the keys.


This was good advice for posture and for positioning of my ten-year-old hands. She advised me to never play with my hands flat against the piano.


When I am typing, I imagine that there is an apple between my hands, or maybe a small overripe mango.


My younger sister, well, for her not only does she play piano, the music that cascades through her fingers is like the dancing waterfalls of Victoria. It as if the clouds are hopping from one desert to another providing rain and the people are in jubilation.


There are those who play piano and then there is Louise Nakayenga. Dear Friends, are you in need of a unique evening laced with orchestra and opulence. Transformation Through Time, with pieces from the old maestros of centuries ago to the contemporary artists amongst us.


Save that date! Friday 2 August, 2024.


I'll see you there.


Bless!

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment